The Purchasing Agent will use discretion and independent judgment to negotiate pricing and rebate agreements with major suppliers and contractors, manage vendor/product improvements and changes, facilitate the set-up of new Company subdivisions, resolve disputes with suppliers and rectify vendor and product issues in the field, and establish pricing and costs for estimating. This position communicates frequently with the Senior Vice President of Purchasing, construction personnel and other departments as needed.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
• Negotiate pricing and rebate agreements with major vendors/contractors; periodically adjust labor rates as necessary.
• Manage special projects including vendor/product improvements and changes.
• Advise construction personnel regarding vendor and product issues and liaise with vendors as needed to resolve disputes; timely rectify issues as warranted.
• Establish pricing and costs to be used by the Estimating Department.
• Facilitate the setup of all new subdivisions by setting labor rates and making vendor selections.
• Review bids to ensure accuracy.
• Compare and evaluate market for new, potential contractors/vendors.
• Periodically perform other assigned duties including:
• Assist with annual contract and addendum updates.
• Coordinate purchasing changes with the Estimating Department.
• Perform field studies to ensure subcontractor/vendor compliance.
• Perform competition studies.
• Prepare memoranda on policy and material changes.
• Review Marketing materials such as Subdivision Feature Sheets and Homeowners Manuals.
• Participate in Department-wide projects and provide general support as needed.
• High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Business or a Construction related field.
• Preferred 2 years of experience in purchasing, operations or estimating.
• Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of estimating and purchasing principles as well as residential construction practices and materials.
• Must be able to read blueprints.
• Effective negotiating skills.
• Availability to travel as needed in Houston and other Texas markets.
• Demonstrated computer skills to include experience with Microsoft Office and Excel.
• A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Wise Top, LLC is closely following the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote candidate and employee safety. Out of an abundance of caution, our interviewing process will now be held virtually via Microsoft Teams.
• **Note to job seekers: Your resume will be reviewed as the best qualified candidates will be contacted in the event that there is potential match***